Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday...

Westonbirt Tree Arboretum in Autumn is one of those places which sum up childhood for me...
My parents used to take us virtually every year and I was always aware of how much my dad loved it...( usually the only things he became really enthusiastic about were electronics, radios, phones and batteries! )
I loved it too, and I still endeavour to visit every Autumn, although some years  I don’t make it...



( 1976: Me, my brother and my Dad in front of a tree that we always look for...and never find, probably because it’s much bigger now! )





( ...could this be it? )

We went a little early this year ( the 3rd weekend in October is notoriously colourful ), but it was still one of the best Autumn days out of 2014...

...And I’m also pretty sure I discovered what that mystery nut I found last month was!!
I saw the tree and the nuts at the arboretum, and as every tree has a label in Latin, I photographed it, looked it up and it was...Hickory! ( the leaves didn’t seem to match the ones from before, but it must be a type of Hickory )
















Westonbirt is a wonderful place where nature’s colours are at their best, and I’ve been coming home in the car with leaves, chestnuts, lichen and sticks stuffed into my hat, wellies and various pockets since the early ’70’s!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely post.. i am so glad to left comment so interesting read, would love to read more here....
    instagram shoutout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very Useful for me specially :) Keep Posting dear :)

    instagram likes and followers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your information, it really very helpfull..
    selfie apps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share your Instagram stories to thousands of Instagram users. Buy affordable real Instagram followers at https://www.buyrealmarketing.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. تمتع الان معنا مع افضل الخصومات العالمية التى نقدمة الان وعلى اعلى مستوى ممكن الان من دار مسنين بمدينة نصر الان فى مصر التى نقدمة الان من جليسة مسنين الان وعلى اعلى مستوى ممكن الان وباقل الخصومات ا

    ReplyDelete
  6. يمكنكم الان الحصول على افضل الخدمات التى نقدمة الان من زراعة الشعر فى تركيا التى لا احد يقدمة الان وعلى اعلى مستوى ممكن من زراعة الشعر
    الان وعلى افضل الاطباء

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shorouk Shorouk for all household services from Cleaning of apartments, cleaning apartments, insect control and sewerage, offering you all the domestic services at the cheapest prices. Contact us to request the service you want Dear customer
    شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بخميس مشيط

    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالاحساء
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
    افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالاحساء


    ReplyDelete
  8. QuickBooks issue troubling you? QuickBooks is freezing? If yes then call us at QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number 1800-417-3165 and say bye-bye to all your worries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. QuickBooks Payroll issues troubling you? Enjoy the error free running of QuickBooks payroll software at QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1800-417-3165.

    ReplyDelete